OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having cramps for the last month. I have a

Customer Question
I have been having cramps...
I have been having cramps for the last month. I have a Mirena inserted since 2015 and never had any issues or cramping, I had a transvaginal ultrasound and dr said all is good. But I am still cramping. I have experienced painful intercourse. Also headaches daily which I don't ever have. I have been exercising quite a bit lately trying to loose some weight. Not sure why I have cramps????
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/14/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Headache, painful intercourse and cramping indicate endometritis. This is infection of the internal lining of the uterus. Ultrasound cannot diagnose it. This would need a course of antibiotic. You may also need a vaginal swab for confirmation of the endometritis. Occasionally Mirena IUD may need to be removed as its presence may prevent the complete eradication of the infection.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can antibiotics be started without a vaginal swab? The earliest my ob/gyn can see me is may 3..Ridiculous right? My primary is also a good friend and I may be able to get a rx for antibiotic

Antibiotics can be started without vaginal swab. But ideally is getting a swab. Your primary may be able to get the swab taken.

It is privilege assisting you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.