OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had unprotected sex 24 hours ago. Emergency pills like…

Customer Question
Hi, i had unprotected...

Hi, i had unprotected sex 24 hours ago. Emergency pills like morning after are not available in my country. Can I use regular birth control to avoid pregnancy.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Healthy

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
3/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Captain, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Captain
Dr Captain, Doctor

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. So far, 99% of the justanswer community of patients has found my answers helpful, and I have the honor of being the highest rated clinician on the site! I will do my best to win over your approval as well.

— For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. I will first provide a summary answer to your question, AND, if you would prefer some additional back-and-forth, with additional questions and more details clarified, I'm more than happy to stay around with you, free of any additional cost to you. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Our goal here is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

The simple answer to your direct question is "yes," you can use several normal oral contraceptive pills to achieve the same hormonal concentrations that are included in the emergency contraceptive pill