OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having pain in vaginal area. Dull pain. Feels swollen.

Customer Question
I am having pain...

I am having pain in vaginal area. Dull pain. Feels swollen. My obgyn passed away.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries.

Doctor's Assistant: This sounds important. The doctor will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a doctor who has 2537 happy customers and a 4.7 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

This has been going on for about 2 weeks.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Captain, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Captain
Dr Captain, Doctor

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. So far, 99% of the justanswer community of patients has found my answers helpful, and I have the honor of being the highest rated clinician on the site! I will do my best to win over your approval as well.

— For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations about the pain in your vaginal area. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your obgyn! That's horrible. Are there any rashes in the area? Any odor or discharge? I’m interested to hear a little more about what you've been experiencing, but first, I'm curious - For the purposes of the dialog here, would you prefer that I provide you with a direct, summary response to your post, or would you prefer a more back-and-forth approach, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. If you’d like a quick answer, I’m more than happy to provide that. On the other hand, if you’d like a more detailed response, I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

- Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No rashes. No odor. No discharge. I need detailed response

You feel swollen, but see no redness. Do you have any itching?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No itching

Any recent trauma?

Is the swelling you descrie on the labia majora? minora? at your entroitus?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sure what those are

They are the specific parts of your vaginal area. Do you feel comfortable to snap and send a photo of the areas that are bothering you? Needless to say, everything here is kept 100% anonymous

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you mean take a photo of my vaginal area with my phone?

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try.

great, let me know if you have trouble. customer service can sometimes help

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Having trouble trying to take picture. I am going to lay down for a while. I will contact you later.

Sounds good. I'll be here.

I hope you have a restful relaxation.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified