OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have questions about a transvaginal ultrasound and dates…

i have questions about a...
i have questions about a transvaginal ultrasound and dates of intercourse. I'm trying to confirm paternity.
3/1/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how can I help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello. How accurate is transvaginal ultrasound done at 6 weeks 3 days?

It is very accurate. It is more accurate than any other test at that stage

is this helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How many days? I have read 1 to 2 days, 3 to 5 days, up to a week.... help!!

Within 3 days accuracy

half a week basically

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My cycles are regular between 28 and 30 days. Had sex with guy 1 on cycle day 8 no inside ejaculation. Sex with guy 2 with inside ejaculation on cycle day 17. Ultrasound estimated conception date at around date of sex with guy 2. Any chance it could be guy 1?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Dr are you there?
No way. It's guy number 2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Can you please explain your conclusion? I'm stressed about this and I apologize for being annoying but I just need some peace of mind.
1) no ejaculation. 2)the day of cycle. 3)the ultrasound seemingly supports it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just one more question: What about early olvulation and pre ejaculation sperm?
Very very unlikely. Less than 1% chance
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor