OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have painful intercourse. The entrance to my vagina is…

I have painful intercourse...

I have painful intercourse. The entrance to my vagina is very non stretchy. I had a hysterectomy 25 years ago and a bladder sling ten years ago. The pain started about 3-4 years ago. I get very slight bleeding. I don't think it's a lubrication problem- I still get very wet.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

My current partner is rather large, and notmatter how slowly we go, I can't take him in. I can use a dildo with no problem. It feels like the vaginal opening just will not stretch to accommodate him.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Factor V Leiden and had PE so I can't use estrogen. I'm on warfarin.

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2017
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Since you can use a dildo with no problem, the issue is not with your vagina. I do not know what size dildo you use but large dildos of width 4 inches are available and you can try to widen your vaginal opening with those.

The vaginal opening can be stretched by applying vaseline or an oil and massaging it daily at the time you take your shower. Applying lubricant at the time of sex may not help as much as the daily massage. You can try inserting a large dildo after a good massage with an oil - leave the dildo in for at least 10 minutes to stretch the opening.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar