DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I am a 60 yr female. I just had an ultrasound of my uterus

Customer Question

Hi I am a 60 yr female. I just had an ultrasound of my uterus due to some bleeding and they saw a cluster of graped sized growths. They did a biopsy and I'm awaiting the results. I am a little nervous though.
JA: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: my last pap smear was last April and it was fine. No I've never had an irregular pap.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no. I do have a heart condition but that's it.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

These are most likely fibroid tumors.

They are benign.

In fact the biopsy is likely to be routine.

Please click a positive rating on the rating scale [we are paid on the basis of positive ratings] and be sure to let me know if you have not finished with any questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What leads you to think they are benign?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 7 months ago.

Because statistically that is the highest likelihood.

Only the biopsy will make sure.