OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just received my blood test result for progesterone,

testosterone, LH. And am 12 days...
I just received my blood test result for progesterone, testosterone, LH.
And am 12 days late of 42days menstrual period
1/30/2017
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I see

what is your question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
F.S.H 8.5mIU/mL
L.H 27.3mIU/mL
Progesterone 0.113ng/mL
17 estradio 45.2pg/mL
Testosterone 0.5ng/mL
Beta H.C.G plasma 0.1mIU/mLThat's what the result says.
I have 42days of period and this month I have missed 13 days
Making it 55days without period. I have bad acne on my face and I feel nausea
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know what is wrong with me

the normal range of testosterone is 30 to 95 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL) for women

0.5ng/mL = 50ng/dL

with your testosterone level and your acne symptoms and your irregular periods, I bet you have polycystic ovarian syndrome.

you should get an ultrasound of your pelvis or transvaginal ultrasound to check for cysts in your ovaries.

polycystic ovarian syndrome is a condition where your ovaries are producing too much testosterone

and this can cause facial acne and weight gain and insulin resistance and irregular periods

treatments would include birth control pills and also metformin medications to help improve the body's insulin sensitivity.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done a scan before and I was told i had polycyst and after 2 months i made anorher scan and i was told no cyst. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I really don't want to take birth control pills. From this result is it possible that in this days I can ovulate or is this month's ovulation over?

most likely you are past your ovulation this cycle

have your period

and you can try to get pregnant next cycle.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor