OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have only been to a gyn twice (I'm 31...).. I just went

Customer Question
Hi... I have only been...
Hi... I have only been to a gyn twice (I'm 31...).. I just went about 2 months ago and nothing was conclusive and now I have to go again in another month... I get really uncomfortable with anone seeing me that vulnerable. I only went the first time a couple of years ago and I had to dope myself up on my anxiety meds... something's up with my stomach though, I thought ovarian cysts, but every test has come back negative (been wanded and all...). The whole reason I went this time around is because I thought I should go on some sort of BC to regulate my hormones since I have bad depression and my cramps have gotten really bad. I also pms for 7-10 days. So I tried seasonique from my PCP and it made everything worse... apparently im highly sensitive to hormones (had bad reactions to steroid injections in the past). Anyway, I'm tempted to cancel this appointment bc I don't feel like they'll have any answers for me again, my to mention I felt like the staff was rude and when I told them how nervous I was they looked at me like I was nuts. The doctor was kind, but when I told her I'm gay and have never had sex with a man she used a pediatric speculum on me and told me! I'm still mortified... but I assume it was the right move bc everything inside me was inflamed. But results were all negative. I just feel like I'd rather someone go in there and cut all my organs out and leave me the hell alone. Or at least be sweet and nurturing so I don't care what you do to me... maybe this is more of a vent than a question :-/
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: The pms stuff has been going on for years, got worse in the last year... no nausea or vomiting
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta, type 1
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/9/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 10 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I'm sorry you are suffering so bad

It is ok to vent

Can I ask if you have a pelvic ultrasound?

inside and out...

Okay good.

did they check for endometriosis?

I don't know... would they have told me? Does the wand detect that?I remember my PCP mentioning that could be a concern but only a gyn would be able to find it
My sister is a general surgeon. She thinks my issues are a reaction to being on Percocet (prescribed) but she's not my doc and she's, well, a surgeon...

They might have not checked for that

That is correct only a GYN can find it

but usually they need to cut and go inside and look

kind of gruesome but that is what they do

is this helpful?

Jesus... cut what?

cut and look inside

like a laparoscopy where they make the small holes

I have to sign off for a bit

I will get back on when I get home. probably 1/2 hour

Relist: Answer came too late.
Not comfortable discussing gyn concerns with a man... not his fault, just my hang ups...
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

The system says that you requested another expert.

The other expert is correct that they may need to look inside surgically, as that is the definitive test for endometriosis. However, the doctor would usually try other tests first before accepting that surgery needs to be done.

It is true that someone coming off Percocet may have abdominal pain, but it is usually primarily from the gut, rather than from the female genital tract.

It is appropriate that the next step would be to go to this next appointment.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor