How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 18423
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have only been to a gyn twice (I'm 31...).. I just went

Customer Question

Hi... I have only been to a gyn twice (I'm 31...).. I just went about 2 months ago and nothing was conclusive and now I have to go again in another month... I get really uncomfortable with anone seeing me that vulnerable. I only went the first time a couple of years ago and I had to dope myself up on my anxiety meds... something's up with my stomach though, I thought ovarian cysts, but every test has come back negative (been wanded and all...). The whole reason I went this time around is because I thought I should go on some sort of BC to regulate my hormones since I have bad depression and my cramps have gotten really bad. I also pms for 7-10 days. So I tried seasonique from my PCP and it made everything worse... apparently im highly sensitive to hormones (had bad reactions to steroid injections in the past). Anyway, I'm tempted to cancel this appointment bc I don't feel like they'll have any answers for me again, my to mention I felt like the staff was rude and when I told them how nervous I was they looked at me like I was nuts. The doctor was kind, but when I told her I'm gay and have never had sex with a man she used a pediatric speculum on me and told me! I'm still mortified... but I assume it was the right move bc everything inside me was inflamed. But results were all negative. I just feel like I'd rather someone go in there and cut all my organs out and leave me the hell alone. Or at least be sweet and nurturing so I don't care what you do to me... maybe this is more of a vent than a question :-/
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: The pms stuff has been going on for years, got worse in the last year... no nausea or vomiting
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta, type 1
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry you are suffering so bad

It is ok to vent

Can I ask if you have a pelvic ultrasound?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
inside and out...
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.

Okay good.

did they check for endometriosis?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know... would they have told me? Does the wand detect that?I remember my PCP mentioning that could be a concern but only a gyn would be able to find it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My sister is a general surgeon. She thinks my issues are a reaction to being on Percocet (prescribed) but she's not my doc and she's, well, a surgeon...
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.

They might have not checked for that

That is correct only a GYN can find it

but usually they need to cut and go inside and look

kind of gruesome but that is what they do

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jesus... cut what?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.

cut and look inside

like a laparoscopy where they make the small holes

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.

I have to sign off for a bit

I will get back on when I get home. probably 1/2 hour

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Not comfortable discussing gyn concerns with a man... not his fault, just my hang ups...
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.

The system says that you requested another expert.

The other expert is correct that they may need to look inside surgically, as that is the definitive test for endometriosis. However, the doctor would usually try other tests first before accepting that surgery needs to be done.

It is true that someone coming off Percocet may have abdominal pain, but it is usually primarily from the gut, rather than from the female genital tract.

It is appropriate that the next step would be to go to this next appointment.