OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I believe that I may have vulvodynia, as I had what I

Customer Question
thought was a UTI for...
I believe that I may have vulvodynia, as I had what I thought was a UTI for more than 4 months now. Three urinalysis have come out clean. I have been given antibiotics, pencillin, vaginal creams, medication for overactive bladder. I have to urinate about every 15 minutes and the burning is severe. The itching and leaking are not so bad. Do you think there is a possibility that I may have this condition?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: I'd say 4 to 5 months. I am leeking urine and i have frequent dribbles of urine, with burning.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had yeast and UTI infections in the past, but when I was much younger. I am 65 now.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/7/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 10 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

It sounds more like interstitial cystitis to me

has this been checked?

just click send to reply

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified