Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I've been on the pill for 35 years continuously not getting

Customer Question

I've been on the pill for 35 years continuously not getting my period and suddenly at 50 years old the doctor took me off and about four months after that I've been experiencing pain throbbing legs stiffness all over and I can hardly roll over in bed and my strength I hardly have any strength my ears are dry and everyone who I tried to talk about this I have to make an appointment and they charge about $200 which I don't have I was just wondering if this is a withdraw because I've been on the pill continuously for 35 years if the doctor should have weaned me off because I don't believe that at 50 years old that I should experience such stiffness and dryness of the ears and all this I don't believe that I'm wondering what's going on and for me to go back on the pill I have to give him $200 because he needs a health check and a cholesterol check now I was on the pill for 35 years I don't see how all of the sudden he needs a health check I don't get that
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. I am Dr Saleem, will be happy to share my opinion.

Well its totally safe to stop the pill at any time , no tapering is required or recommended. Are you back to normal cycles? Have you been bleeding heavier ? Did you start any iron supplements if thats thevcase ? Any fevers ? Pain lower abdomen or burning in urine ?

are you taking any other medications?