Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459

I've been on orthotricyclen lo for over a year now and in

Customer Question

Hi! I've been on orthotricyclen lo for over a year now and in December I skipped 4 pills (I was traveling and I just forgot like an idiot) I missed December 15,16,17,18. On the 19th I started bleeding. So I took 2 pills on the 19th and 2 pills and on the 20th and then continued taking one a day (and continued bleeding) until the I got to the placebo pills. Once I got to the placebo pills I decided to skip them entirely and just start a new pack. I did so on Wednesday and have been taking the first set of pills since then but I am still bleeding. It seemed to slow down for the first couple days but today the blood feels heavier. Will the bleeding ever stop? Is there anything I can do to make the bleeding stop?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: It's been good as far as I know. I work out pretty regularly.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

This is all from the hormonal flux from what you've done

Yes, the bleeding will stop but I suggest you see your doctor for a progesterone injection that will stop it sooner

Please let me know if you need any more information