OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am not sure what the deal is but my husband and I are

Hello.. I am not sure...
Hello.. I am not sure what the deal is but my husband and I are trying to have a baby.. before we began really trying I had a swollen lymph node in my left groin area which has not yet gone away (a few weeks now) but I do have HSV.. I had an outbreak a few weeks ago which has since cleared but I do still feel tingling like it wants to outbreak again.. just last night I laid in bed (no activity) and felt a stinging pain in my clitoris.. no pain with urination.. no unusual discharge and sense of urgency like a bladder infection.. its just there intermittently if I cough or sit down suddenly.. I can feel it stinging like when you get soap in the urethra.. I do have sore breasts, I had abdominal cramping for about 1 1/2 days (my period is irregular and according to my tracking app (which my period usually follows within a 2-3 week radius or so) I am supposed to get my period on Christmas but the PMS symptoms have been going on for almost 2 weeks now and the abdominal cramping stopped completely today. The painful breasts and some abdominal cramping have been occurring for the last two weeks but period like cramping was happening the last 1.5 days or so.. and has since stopped. All pregnancy tests have been negative thus far but if our efforts worked I would only be about 14 days today so I don't know if it should show up yet or not.. no bleeding at all.. some sticky discharge but not much.. so I guess a couple questions.. :
-what is the intermittent clitoris stinging
-does it sound like pregnancy even though all tests are negative so far?
12/16/2016
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Ok thank you
I am unable to discuss this matter on the phone currently

The stinging could be due to an impending herpes outbreak, but it can also just be due to a sub-clinical infection of the area around the clitoris, time will discriminate between the two and by time, I mean a couple of days. You can start applying a topical antibiotic ointment on the area, a good choice will be Fusidin cream.

The breast tenderness and the PMS symptoms do go in favor of pregnancy. The urine pregnancy test usually gets positive after you have missed the first period. The more accurate ones can be positive in about 10 days after conception, but one can not be sure since, hormone levels also variate. The later you perform a urine pregnancy test, the better the accuracy. The blood test for beta hCG however, can be positive after 6 days of conception and is more accurate, but its not kit and you will need to have that done from a lab. I suggest you give it some more time, I understand the excitement and the anxiousness that you might be experiencing but you will need to be patient for now and not draw any conclusions till you see a positive on the test.

Good luck!

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor