OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I was told that I have LSIL presence of HPV however the HPV

Customer Question
DNA reflex criteria did not...
I was told that I have LSIL presence of HPV however the HPV DNA reflex criteria did not meet so HPV testing was not performed. I am somewhat knowledgeable about HPV, but based on my results I wasn't filled tested for it. I was treated for yeast and BV. I question is do I have HPV or is this just a speculation?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I saw my doctor on November 28 , I went for an annual and on December 7 I was informed about the LSIL. As for the yeast and BV I am taking fluconazole and metroNIDAZOLE
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm very open with my doctor. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2013. For the passed years my paps have been normal until this visit.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
12/9/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Thank you

Cytology showing low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL) identifies many women who have very little risk for cervical cancer.

In contrast, cytology showing HSIL is considered a screening success because it has identified a woman who is at high risk of invasive cancer, and treatment of a cervical cancer precursor may prevent cancer from developing.

This suggest that you fall in to low risk group to develop cancer , as you donot have DNA evidence of HPV infection .

So this report of LSIL is favorable for you .

Good luck :)

Please rate my answer as good/excellent service .

Thanks .

does this mean I don't have HPV or I do? Should I be worried about HPV and just continue to be extra careful with my partner. Can I pass it to him (not sexually active)? I am scheduled for a pap in 12 months which I was told was I good thing. I am just an over thinker but she told me I will be fine.

Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL) means that the cervical cells show changes that are mildly abnormal. LSIL usually is caused by an HPV infection that often goes away on its own.

You should be careful with partner , but this is not worrying as this stage had negligible risk for cancer .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Will do

Best of luck .

Regards .

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor