Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

I am going on a 2 week period. I have the arm implant for BC

Customer Question

I am going on a 2 week period. I have the arm implant for BC and have had it since February. But this one is different. It was relatively heavy at first, but after the week ended its been a steady bright red color and not as heavy, almost like I bleed a few hours of the day and it ends. But what makes it weird is that it smells as if I recently had sex (like the mans downstairs kind of), not fishy or like yeast). Yet I haven't had sex since before my period. Thoughts...?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, I have had 2 children. Both c sections and both under 2. If it is relevant.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

This is certainly not normal.

There are certain possible causes.

Commonest among them is hormonal imbalance.This usually occurs right after implantation of the implant but may occur many months after implantation of the implant.

Other possible cause can be PID that is pelvic inflammatory disease.

Other possible causes can be structural like fibroids, polyps in the uterus.Adenomyosis is another possible cause.

Thyroid disorders ,endomteriosis also need to be ruled out.You do need to see your doctor who can examine you and run tests to determine the cause of bleeding.

Do you have any more questions?

If done do take a moment to honor my time and work by rating the answer by clicking 4-5 stars at the top of the page.

You can come back to the thread if needed even after rating my answer.