OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My wife is in hospital since 9:am. she got IV and by 5:00 pm

Customer Question
she has only 1cm opening...
my wife is in hospital since 9:am. she got IV and by 5:00 pm she has only 1cm opening. they tried to use Cervical ripening balloon which is not acceptable for us . the baby weight is 3250 g. is c section good option in this case.
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/26/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Captain, Doctor replied 12 months ago
Dr Captain
Dr Captain, Doctor

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Thank you. u can ask any question
just summary

as you wish!

Is this your wife's first baby? how long has she been laboring?

I am a member
is there any xtra charge for phone call

Yes, a phone call is $25

I just need summary
I don't want to pay xtra

A C-section is a safe method of delivery, but it is not as favorable as natural vaginal birth. Unless there are complications or direct threats to either mom or baby, it is wise to proceed with a vaginal birth.

Was I able to address your question to your satisfaction? Can I clarify, or address any other related questions for you today?

thank u . I know natyral is better but using cervical repening baloon

cervical ripening balloon is very common and a very good solution to help her cervix through the process of opening. we use it hundreds of times a week.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified