How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Scott Your Own Question
Dr. Scott
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 820
Experience:  Physician
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Scott is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having some very light blood that started off three

Customer Question

i am having some very light blood that started off three days ago as brownish and after wiping in that area today it was bright red but just a speck. I am 71 but my husband and I are sexualy active.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Had sex on Sunday and it started being like a discharge that afternoon. Always has been like a brownish discharge until today when I saw that one spot.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a bout of diverticulitus about 3 weeks ago and was on two antibiotics. Flagyl and Cipro.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Please let me review your question, and I will be right with you!

Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 10 months ago.

Blood in urine that is is fairly common. In many such patients, the hematuria is transient and of no consequence, especially after sexual intercourse. During sexual intercourse, there can be trauma to the urethra or vagina which can appear as blood in the urine. Generally, it is a very little amount of blood and usually found on the toilet paper, or in the toilet as pink. However, sexual intercourse can also put you at risk for urinary tract infections. The most common symptoms of urinary tract infections are bleeding, pain with urination, urinary frequency, or dribbling. If I were you, I would recommend getting a urinalysis in about 2-3 days if your symptoms continue. However, if they resolve, you can probably blame the bleeding on trauma from sexual intercourse.

Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions please.

If not, please rate my services.

Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 10 months ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. Rebich" in the medicine categories if you have other questions

Thanks for using