Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459

I've been trying to get pregnant for the past 2months and it

Customer Question

Hi so I've been trying to get pregnant for the past 2months and it just hasn't happened. Sometimes when I have sex it burns really bad down there not to long ago I got diagnosed with chlamydia but I was cured I think the reason why I can't get pregnant is because I have pelvic inflammatory disease but I'm not sure. Do you think that might be a possibility why I can't conceive?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No I haven't
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No that's it
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Have you discussed the problem with your doctor?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I don't have insurance
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.

I understand.

There could be a number of reasons why you haven't gotten pregnant and PID is certainly one of them

But there are other causes--anemia, low thyroid, polycystic ovarian syndrome, to name a few

When you can, you need to see a doctor for an exam and blood work to determine what the exact problem is

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I get my period every month im not irregular so I'd think I could get pregnant I'm scared what if I'm not fertile
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.

Just because you haven't gotten pregnant after trying for two months is no reason to think you're infertile--just keep trying

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you recommend trying anything like any vitamins or doing anything that could help me become pregnant?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.

Except for a multivitamin and having intercourse from the 12th through the 16th day after your period--when you're ovulating--there's nothing more you can do

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.

My pleasure but let me know how it goes

Please remember to rate my service to you