How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68 years old. I am having terrible cramps, similar to

Customer Question

I am 68 years old. I am having terrible cramps, similar to really bad menstrual cramps I used to get during my periods. I have had a vaginal ultrasound and a pap smear, which were normal. I have an app't to see a gynecologist on Feb. 9th, which is a way off. Is there anything I can do in the meantime a out this pain?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I am 68 years old and post-menopausal. I said I was in terrible pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am pretty healthy otherwise.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Did you also have a ct scan of your abdomen and pelvis?

And is your present doctor treating this in any way?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not had a CT Scan of my abdomen and pelvis. I am waiting to see a gym but not until Feb. 9th, 2017.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.


But what has your present doctor said about the problem?