Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

Getting pregnant with leftover sperm. I was with a girl on

Customer Question

Getting pregnant with leftover sperm.
I was with a girl on Sunday and we engaged in sexual activity. I ejaculated for the first time outside of her. The problem arose after we continued after a small break and she was on top of me. She placed my penis inside her and I didn't realize for a few moments. I withdrew after I realized what was happening since we had no protection. I didn't ejaculate the second time.
So my question - can she get pregnant? I know that pre cum can pick up previous ejaculate etc.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the answer is yes as there is sperm that is still on and in your penis that can come out. It is a much lower concentration, but still enough to cause pregnancy (you only need one sperm). I would recommend trying to contact your female partner and let her know your concerns. She should take a plan B pill if it has been less then 72 hours.

Let me know if you have any additional questions please.

If not, please rate my services.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I just have one question: I have heard that the leftover sperm is killed by the acid in the urethra and that it generally has low motility. Is this true? Also, are there any percentages out there that indicate rates of pregnancies in cases like mine?

the chance are between 10-20%. Do you know if she is on birth control? Because that will bring the chances down to about 1-3%. There is an acid type substance that is secreted to help neutralize the uthera and kill the remaining sperm.

If not, please rate my services.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. Rebich" in the medicine categories if you have other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com