OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Ram stain high vaginal swab test result - please help me

Customer Question
explain, was given just for...
ram stain high vaginal swab test result - please help me explain, was given just for regular check / just to see if anything is there, as precaution. No burning irritation down there, 28 years old, having little issue with period, taking some pills and now its on track.Epithelial cell - Moderate
Pus cell - rare
Gram positive cocci - Moderate
Arrangement - Singles, Pairs
Gram positive baccili - A few
Gram neg bacilli - moderate
Gram neg diplococci - not seen
Gram positive budding yest cell - not seem
Clue cells - not seen
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Anthony Bray MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray MD

Hello!

Your gram stain result shows nothing of a pathological nature

Descriptions of a few bacteria are noted but we know that the vaginal space always has colonizing bacteria present so that is normal ...

No clue calls = no bacterial vaginosis

No yeast infection is noted

Rate white cells ( pus cells ) rare # is ok ...

No symptoms

All over your results = normal ..nothing to worry about

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Dr. Bray

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please let me know - Gram positive cocci - moderate
GRAM POSITIVE BACILLI - A FEW
Gram negative bacilli - moderateAre these all good?Is gram psotive bacilli good and gram negative bacilli bad? Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sir you said - Descriptions of a few bacteria are noted - can it be said this bacteria that was found is good bacteria?
I also got tested for gonorrhea, clhymedia, and HSV 2, also aerobic high vaginal swab and c/s urine test - all came out good, they did not find anything.I just have moderate white discharge when I am on the mood / around my period, but that is normal, isnt it?Thank you!

These are non-specific results

A mixture of bacteria is normal ..yes to that ...

Normal flora is a mixture

Often lactobacillus ( a gram positive rod ) is predominant and normal

Finding some gram negative rods of the vaginal area is also going to be a normal finding

You have had pathogens ( disease related organisms ruled out )

Yes you seem quite normal considering your results and descriptions ...

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor