How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in menopause for many years following a removal of my

Customer Question

I am in menopause for many years following a removal of my ovaries at the 40. I am now 59. I have in the last 3 years experienced pain in my vagina and vulva and do not think I can even do sex. I have tried the KY jelly but it irritates me a lot. Just wondering what simple remedies I can take to minimize the vaginal dryness and associated pain
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

you should ask your doctor for prescription vaginal estrogen creams and vaginal estrogen suppositories to treat vaginal atrophy and vaginal dryness after menopause .

that is the best way to help with vaginal dryness and pain after menopause.

after menopause your estrogen levels decline down and you can have vaginal atrophy from it.