How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What would be the cause of fluid in the endometrium? I have

Customer Question

What would be the cause of fluid in the endometrium?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been to Ob and she ordered ultrasound. I am taking cellcept for lupus and have an iud. I was just emailed to radiology report but have not spoken to doctor yet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had a uterine ablation five years ago for heavy bleeding. Have persistent left sided pain and spotting throughout the month. Ultrasound also showed a cyst on left ovary
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Pain has gotten persistently worse over past month. Always a dull ache and heaviness, sexual activity causes extreme pain. Bowel movements also cause pain to get worse.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 8 months ago.

your prior history of urine ablation 5 years ago can cause fluid in the uterus now.

having an IUD can cause some fluid in the endometrium .

some of that fluid in the endometrium can be blood or cold blood.

how old are you? sometimes in rare cases that fluid can get infected in the uterus and cause tenderness.

you may need a uterine biopsy or sampling of that uterine fluid.

or a course of antibiotics and see if that helps

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am 37 years old. I just completed a 10 day course of antibiotics that the OB prescribed when I first complained of the pain.
Expert:  Dr David replied 8 months ago.

I see.

you may need a hysteroscopy procedure to look inside of the uterus to drain out old fluid or old blood in the uterus.

that could help resolve the pain coming from the uterus.

you may need to have your IUD replaced or removed as well.