OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I m 53 years old and I'm going through menopause, i have a

Customer Question
severe pain in the center...
i m 53 years old and I'm going through menopause, i have a severe pain in the center below my belly button and above my vagina, i feel light headed was sweating but now I'm cold
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: no and no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
11/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. A quick couple of questions, are you still sweating? Do you feel short of breath? any tenderness on touching the belly in the region?

Well from what you are describing there are a couple of things which can cause this sort of pain. The first one is that you could have acute appendicitis which starts with pain around the belly button and then moves to teh right lower quadrant. this would also cause pain on touching the abdomen and would also cause the other symptoms which you have described. This is a surgical emergency and needs an immediate CT scan followed by surgery to correct the problem.

Another cause of pain in this region can be due to the bladder, any stones in the bladder can cause this sort of severe pain as well. this would lead to urinary symptoms in most cases as well as blood in the urine. The diagnosis would be made with the help of a simple clinical examination as well as ultrasound of the region.

Now it is also possible that this pain is arising from the female reproductive tract and this sort of pain can be due to ovarian torsion, especially if it is severe in nature. This happens because of the ovaries twisting around themselves leading to the blood supply being cut off. This again is a surgical emergency and needs immediate management

Now given that you are sweating and in severe pain as well as being lightheaded, i would STRONGLY advise you to IMMEDIATELY go to the ER. It is very likely that you have a surgical abdomen and you need IMMEDIATE medical evaluation to treat the problem. Given your current situation i would urge you to call 911 if you cant drive yourself in your current state, but do go to the ER.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor