OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have two small painless sores on my vagina and scared it

Customer Question
could be herpes...
I have two small painless sores on my vagina and scared it could be herpes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
First lower appeared three days ago noticed the top today
10/25/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Anthony Bray MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray MD

Hello!

Sores on your vagina I agree that warrants STD testing ...

See your gyn ASAP I recommend

Testing for HSV1 and HSV2 is indicated but also others

Syphilis may be a cause of PAINLESS ulcers so should be tested

Herpes usually quite painful

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I included a picture they have always looked like that

You say " they have always looked like that"

How long have these places been present ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it possible to have a skin bacterial infection that could have caused them I had unprotected anal sex about three weeks ago could that have something to do with it as well?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The bottom appeared Friday and the top appeared today

Yes it could be a skin type infection...

There are different possible causes definely ...

STD and non -STD type infections are possible ...

Yes to that ...

Have your doctor examine and run a couple of tests to help guide treatment I would recommend to you .

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What test should I request specifically.

The sores could be swabbed for viral test (PCR HERPES test ) bacterial culture ...you might discuss with your doctor such as consider syphilis testing ... Routine bacterial cultures as well ....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You are welcome ...

I'm adding a link or two to give you more information...

http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/guide/genital-herpes-diagnosis

Another link explaining syphilis more ...

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/stds-hiv-safer-sex/syphilis

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor