OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have been bleeding for 12 days the first 5 were really bad

Customer Question
went to er they said...
I have been bleeding for 12 days the first 5 were really bad went to er they said mennorgia sp?...I'm on iron now since I'm normally anemic but day 12 still bleeding and cramping
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I'm on iron , stool softner, ibuprofen, and lisinioril for high bp
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Yes I went to er 5 days ago , never had this before
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes history of high blood pressure I am 32 and have had it since I was 24, my father's whole side has it , maybe a year ago I have a 3 year old so last pap was around thAt time never had a abnormal .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
10/21/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Anthony Bray MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray MD

I would recommend that you see your gynecologist for this.

You will probably benefit from a course of a progesterone to help stop the bleeding

Has this been a recurring problem or is it a more isolated incident of this prolonged bleeding ?

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor