Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am experiencing very heavy bleeding and I am wondering if

Hello, I am experiencing very heavy bleeding and I am wondering if I need to go to ER- I suspect fibroids but have never had this type of bleeding before
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No- not yet. I have an appointment scheduled but not for another month. No meds other than alleve
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really. I'm 45 and have had heavy but regular period for past several years. Persistent bleeding started about 1 month ago but has gotten very heavy last 2 days with clots
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Minimal pain - periods were reasonably regular until last month- started with some spotting- I thought I had a UTI- took antibiotics until about 1 week ago and felt better. Then bleeding started back and is now heavier

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

As you mentioned bleeding is persistent for last one month and is heavy with clots, I would recommend you to go to urgent care or ER as this needs to be evaluated on urgent basis. Fibroid can be a possibility. An ultrasound abdomen pelvis would be helpful in diagnosis. Take lots of fluids, high protein diet and iron supplements meanwhile to avoid decreased hemoglobin level.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay. Thanks so much.

My pleasure.

I hope you will not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.