How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 18454
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have extreme irritation vaginally, not itching, just

Customer Question

Hi. Have extreme irritation vaginally, not itching, just irritation. But clotty and some with blood... I very healthy 33 yr old
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Fought off some virus last few days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope. In general I never get sick. Oh but also urgent need to pee and urine has been dark
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is there any vaginal discharge?

Or only blood and blood clots?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

If there is a vaginal discharge, then it is more likely that this is an infection of the vagina. There are three common germs that can cause a vaginal infection - yeast, baxcterial vaginosis, and trichomonas. Differentiation would typcially require seeing your doctor and examining the discharge under the microscope. Of the three germs, only the yeast can be treated by over the counter medicines, as there are several different over the counter medicines to treat a yeast vaginal infection. Some women prefer to try over the counter medicines before seeing the doctor, and this would be particularly helpful when a woman has experienced a yeast infection previously and is familiar with how it feels, but some women prefer to try this for any vaginal infection to try to avoid having to see her doctor.

If there is no discharge, then there are some other infections that also should be considered, including an infection of the cervix or uterus. In this situation, it would be even more important to see your doctor, both because such infections may get more severe than a vaginal infection and because there is no over the counter option to treat the germs that tend to cause such infections.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.