OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had my period September 29th-october 2nd. I track my

Customer Question
cervix position to keep up...
I had my period September 29th-october 2nd. I track my cervix position to keep up with my cycle. my last three cycles were 33 days 38 days and this one was 27 days, I had a lot of back pain and cramping with this cycle, im wondering if it is normal for my cervix to be high medium firm and opened on days 4 and 5 since my last period day. I am also having indigestion, headaches, gas and gas pain with some nausea as well.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
10/8/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Indigestion, gas pain and nausea is something that could be related to hormonal changes in the body or could be related to inflammation in the stomach or gastritis.

The cervical changes that you mentioned are pretty normal and I would not worry about those.

For the indigestion I would recommend that you should try taking prilosec 20 mg twice daily and also take dramamine for the nausea to see if that helps.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that

is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor