How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hard the endometrial ablation done in 2011. I have had a

Customer Question

Hello. I hard the endometrial ablation done in 2011. I have had a couple of bouts with pain in my left flank and been diagnosed as having fluid build up on my C-section scars, etc. causing me great pain. I took a birth control pill for a few months to clear it up a couple years ago but feel it may be back again. There are several days that I am just doubled over in pain when I use the restroom or have a bowel movement
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: And then it subsides into just a discomfort. It causes pain when I workout and just really gets in the way of my activities.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Is this common after ablation, and is the remedy always a hysterectomy?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

you should not be having this much pain

you could have an infection or abscess in your pelvis or ascities fluid

you need to see your doctor right away

or go to the ER to get an CT scan of your abdomen and pelvis with contrast to check for infection or abscess in your pelvis.

you should not be doubled over in pain when you urinate or have bowel movements.