Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I hard the endometrial ablation done in 2011. I have had a

Customer Question

Hello. I hard the endometrial ablation done in 2011. I have had a couple of bouts with pain in my left flank and been diagnosed as having fluid build up on my C-section scars, etc. causing me great pain. I took a birth control pill for a few months to clear it up a couple years ago but feel it may be back again. There are several days that I am just doubled over in pain when I use the restroom or have a bowel movement
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: And then it subsides into just a discomfort. It causes pain when I workout and just really gets in the way of my activities.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Is this common after ablation, and is the remedy always a hysterectomy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should not be having this much pain

you could have an infection or abscess in your pelvis or ascities fluid

you need to see your doctor right away

or go to the ER to get an CT scan of your abdomen and pelvis with contrast to check for infection or abscess in your pelvis.

you should not be doubled over in pain when you urinate or have bowel movements.