Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

If i take plan during my current period will it stop my

Customer Question

if i take plan b during my current period will it stop my period?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: no pain this is my second day. My periods come every 3 and a half weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Why do you want to stop your periods?I mean are you going for holiday/outing/any other reason?

Are you taking any pills now?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Doctor!
I am 21.
I need to stop this current ongoing period because I am leaving this Friday for a holiday.
I am not taking any pill at the moment. Nor have I ever been on "The Pill". I just needed to know if the high dosage of progesterone that is usually in plan B will stop this period. Thank You!
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

No,taking plan B pill will not stop your period.

Plan B tablets contain the medicine levonorgestrel, a female hormone that prevents ovulation (the release of an egg from an ovary).It is used to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or failure of other forms of birth control.Once the periods are started,it cannot be stopped by stopped by plan B pills.

There are medications available (like Norethisterone tablets) that can postpone/delay your periods and that too has to be taken 3-4 days before a period is due.

I am sorry,but once the menstrual periods are started,there is no way to stop them.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer

There is no way by which menstrual cycle(periods) can be stopped.Once the bleeding had started,it will run through its course & now there is no way by which it can be stopped.

As described above that the periods can be delayed by medications,but once the bleeding starts,there is no way by which it can be stopped.

If you are done,then please leave a positive rating for my answer above the chat box.If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. If you are done,then please leave a positive rating for my answer above the chat box.

If there anything else that you would like to know,please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh