Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What does a normal healthy cervix feel like and what does an

Customer Question

What does a normal healthy cervix feel like and what does an abnormal cervix feels like
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Are you trying to perform a pelvic exam on yourself?

Are you having any symptoms or problems?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No

If you are not trying to perform a self-examination, I am not sure of the context for your question.

However, a normal cervix is about the size of a quarter. It is slightly firm, similar to how the nose feels.

Many abnormalities of the cervix will not make the cervix feel any different. However, if the cervix feels softer or spongier than usual, it can be due to inflammation. And if the cervix feels harder than usual, it can be due to a tumor of the cervix.

Is this the information that you are seeking?

I have not heard back regarding whether this is the information you are seeking, so I will assume that it is.

If there is any clarification that would be helpful, please let me know.