How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Anthony Bray MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am suffering from disfunction, I do not enjoy sex anymore

Customer Question

I am suffering from sexual disfunction, I do not enjoy sex anymore so I have no interest in it. I have a dry vagina and am unable to get wet if aroused. Sex is uncomfortable and there is a lack of sensation? What could be the problem? I used to love sex and I want that feeling back
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 10 months ago.


Are you depressed ?

So you take any medications now? If so what do you take?

Have you had children? If so how many pregnancies ?

So you use any birth control now? What type of so ?

You may see your gynecologist for evaluation..

How long has this been a problem?

So you have problems with your current relationship ?

Have you tried a vaginal lubricant ?

You may benefit to have evaluation to include some hormonal levels and pelvic exam as to your lack of vaginal lubrication / lack of libido / etc ...

Checking some hormonal factors could relate such as Thyroid function / prolactin levels / estrogen levels / progesterone / FSH / LH

I hope that this is a helpful start

I await your response and will get back with you

Best regards ***** ***** ----

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not depressed, no medication, I have 2 children ages 4 and 2. This has been going on for about 5 years. I have to use lubricant but wish I didn't have to. I am on mirena birth control. Problems with the relationship are only because of my lack of interest in sex. I want to enjoy it again.. I think it is hormonal but also I feel like childbirth has had on impact on the lack of sensation i have down there. How do I have hormones checked?
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello again,

See your gynecologist to help and discuss these issues ..

That is the start for you ...

There could be one or more factors involved to your case ...

Sometimes an antidepressant Wellbutrin increases dopamine levels and may help libido ...

The mirena could be related as it secretes progesterone but you end up lacking estrogen so a change in type of birth control OR cycling in some estrogen may be helpful ...

These are a couple of avenues that I think may prove helpful for you ..

I hope that this is helpful for you ...

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD