How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr David Your Own Question
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 46332
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a period then I started again almost 2 weeks later I'm

Customer Question

I had a period then I started again almost 2 weeks later I'm very stressed out.I'm sexually active I'm 42 yrs old my boyfriend and I have sex vaginal and Anil the bleeding is diff than normal and its been happening for 9 days maybe longer and it has a small odor nothing noticeable.I have my tubes ride and burnt 18 yrs it menipause
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain.pretty reg.but they can last up to 10 days ..always been that way
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No the last 8 mths I've been threw alot..when they found my aunt dead is about the time i started bleeding she was pretty much my mom
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry you are stressed out.

vaginal and anal sex can cause bacteria to spread into your vaginal canal.

which can increase risks for infection.

a small vaginal discharge and odor can be due to bacterial vaginosis which can cause bleeding again

you should see a doctor and get a gyn examination to check for vaginal infections.

you can see a nurse or doctor at a local hospital or ER or urgent care center or a planned parenthood clinic

there are special antibiotic treatments which can treat and cure bacterial vaginosis infections so you don't have to worry if you have it.

they will also check your urine for infection as well

this doesn't sound like menopause yet.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok..thank u I have bactim thats for the same thing u are talking about right..i don't have insurance so its hard to go to a doc with my income
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

you can see a doctor or nurse at a planned parenthood without any insurance

there are free health clinics all over the USA for patients with no insurance.

no, bactrim is not used for bacterial vaginosis.

usually flagyl or metronidazole is used.

bacterim is used for some types of bacterial urinary tract infections.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh ok..thank u
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

you are welcome
let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 10 months ago.