OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I was having sex with my boyfriend and felt extreme pain at

Customer Question
the end. This was about...
I was having sex with my boyfriend and felt extreme pain at the end. This was about 15 minutes ago and I have had extreme cramping since. I have an IUD that was inserted almost a yet ago. I've never had this happen before.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/24/2016
OB GYN Doctor: MD doc, Doctor replied 1 year ago
MD doc
MD doc, Doctor

Cramping after sex is a well known problem.

However, it can be tough to confirm without a physical evaluation.

There could be many reasons for the same, including normal cramping without any specific cause, adhesions related to a displaced IUD, inflammation or infection of the reproductive tract, or even rarely an early pregnancy that has been missed.

I would recommend if the symptoms persist, or recur, you get yourself examined by a gynecologist,

Warm regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** traveling and cannot be checked until Monday. Is it dangerous to let it go that long?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have never had cramping after sex and this was extremely painful so I'm a bit alarmed. It has gotten a bit better but is still very painful.

If the cramp settles down, then this can probably wait till Monday,

I understand your anxiety, you need to wait a little longer and then take a call,

Take a tylenol in the meanwhile,

Do remember to accept if the reply was helpful,
warm regards

MD doc
MD doc
MD doc, Doctor