OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My gynecologist dignosed me with Trichomoniasis. She gave me

Customer Question
oral meds to take and...
My gynecologist dignosed me with Trichomoniasis. She gave me oral meds to take and I started to feel better but it slowly came back. Now I am on vacation and it's back and I am so miserable. I am crying and it's so uncomfortable to even walk around. What can I do to relieve my symptoms until I go back to the doctor. ( btw my doctor std screened me and everything was good except the Trichomoniasis) please help. My vagina is smelly, hot, burning, all around miserable) please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/20/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago
Michael Salama

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way.

What medication did you take?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think it was metronidazole 2 pills a day for 7 days. Felt better but I think I had sex with my boyfriend sooner than I should have and its back full force. Please what can I buy to relieve this?
OB GYN Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes, he should be treated as well for the infection or else you will get it again.

Please refrain from sexual intercourse until both of you are treated again.

Take 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of water.

To be safe, boil the water and let it cool down to room temperature.

You may also use it when it is slightly warm. Add the tbsp of apple cider vinegar to this clean water.

Now rinse your vagina with this water.

Do this 2-3 times a day.

You can also take an ice pack, and cover it in a clean cloth and lay on the lips of your vagina for approximately one hour. You could also try immersing the clean cloth in witch hazel as this could help soothe the burning more quickly.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating (bonus appreciated) as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Witch hazel?
OB GYN Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago

https://www.amazon.com/Dickinsons-Astringent-Natural-Witch-Hazel/dp/B00016WW8Q

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I will try it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
OB GYN Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago

You're welcome.

Please don't forget to leave a rating, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Let me get back to my hotel and I will tonight.
OB GYN Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks

OB GYN Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?

If not, please don't forget to leave a rating, thanks!

Michael Salama
Michael Salama
Michael Salama