OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm 51 and have not had a period in 10 months. I have been

Customer Question
I'm 51 and have not...
I'm 51 and have not had a period in 10 months. I have been off of the Pill for a year. I am really struggling to lose weight, I workout 5 days a week (Orange Theory Fitness) and I eat a plant based diet. I was considering going back on the pill to see if that would help with the weight lose, Is this safe?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I'm not in any pain, I have hot flashes but they are not severe. I haven't had a period in 10 months
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Thalasimia minor but that has never been an issue with my health other than low iron
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/19/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Please let me know , the name of pill which you were taking ?

Regards .

For weight loss you can use FDA approved Tab Orlistat 120 mg half hour before meal three times a day.

This will help you out .

This has minimal side effects and is safe to use .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor