OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm 31 female.When I was 18 I was treated with antibiotics

Customer Question
for PID but don't remember...
I'm 31 female.When I was 18 I was treated with antibiotics for PID but don't remember having pain. Age 25 I had CIN 2 cells removed from my cirvix and been clear since I get regular check ups.I recently discovered my partner was u faithful and I estimate I've had clymida now ( symptom less) for 4 months .previous to this I had my yearly screen and was clean. How will these things that have happened to me effect my fatillity ? What do I need to have done to asses the damage? Which specialist do I see? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/16/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear of your medical problem.

Chlamydia can be easily treated, but both you and your partner should be treated at the same time to avoid back and forth transmission. Your fertility will not be compromised with the Chlamydia being treated. You should see your Gynecologist for evaluation and treatment. Also discuss your concerns regarding your ability to get pregnant after your conization for the cervical abnormal cell activity. This can all be fixed and fixed easily.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've also been on depo for two years does this effect long term fertility especially taking into account my age

The depo progesterone injections last 3 months and are then out of your system. So, no long term effect on your hormonal levels. Your age plays a factor in getting pregnant, but only to the extent of your hormonal level. There are many women who have conceived after the age of 40 and carried a healthy pregnancy to term.

Did my response satisfy you? If so, please provide a rating, hopefully 5 stars. Thank you.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor