OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Why would my vagina bleed a little at 60 years old

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/14/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding bleeding from vagina:

Do you mean you have bleeding after sex or its without sex,I mean bleeding at other times?

Are you sexually active?

Do you take any hormone pills?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for staying online.

The most common causes of post menopausal bleeding/spotting/small amount of vaginal bleeding at age of 60 years are:hormonal imbalance,deficiency in certain nutrients over the years,significant weight loss and reduction in body fat, stress,anxiety or depression,endometrial polyps,cervical lesions,uterine tumors.

First you need a test called endometrial biopsy.Clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels are required. A pelvic exam is critical to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid,or a uterine infection or tumor.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination & tests described above to find out the root cause of this post menopausal bleeding & then treatment will be done accordingly.

I hope my answer helped.

Thank you.

If you have any questions,please let me know.Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

I have seen that you recently asked a question that you have seen blood in pee. If you are not sure weather the bleeding is from vagina or from urinary tract,the you need to make an appointment with your doctor for following tests:

• A clean catch urine examination
  • Endometrial biopsy
  • Pelvic examination
  • Pelvic & abdominal ultrasound including KUB area

As you mentioned that the bleeding is without any pain or pressure & you do not have any other symptoms,so most probably this seems to be bleeding from vagina & not from urinary tract.

So bot***** *****ne is my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your gynecologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment(if required) will be done accordingly.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box.If there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you still have any vaginal bleeding?Have you made an appointment with your gynecologist?

You have not given rating to my this answer.Please rate the answer above chat box.

If there is anything else that you would like to know,please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor