OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been taking the progesterone-only birth control pills…

Customer Question
I've been taking the...

I've been taking the progesterone-only birth control pills for almost 2 years but in the past 2 months I started getting my period every 2 weeks or sooner I'm wondering if this is due to the stress I've been having or if something has changed?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I just get cramps/normal PMS when it comes every time. They used to be very normal, every 26-28 days. In the past month it's every 2 weeks and yesterday I started one again just 5 days after my period ended

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/12/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and welcome.

Progesterone only pill do cause irregular bleeding and can shorten period but getting twice a month is too frequent. I would recommend you to followup with your doctor for thorough evaluation and you might need to change it since additional bleeding can cause anemia.

Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish you good health
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor