How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 72 yr old, had hysterectomy years ago and my doctor

Customer Question

I am 72 yr old, had hysterectomy years ago and my doctor took me off hormones years a go and told me that you only take them for so long. I am not the person that I used to be and my husband has about had it and keeps saying that he wants a divorce if I don't stop acting so bossy and possessive and he says that I have become so hateful. I used to be a calm and quite person and would love to be that person again. I have been thinking of getting something from the health store to see if it will help me. I have no health problems except high blood pressure and my colesteral is a little high.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry you are having these issues now.

some of your symptoms now could be due to anxieties and friction you are having with your husband.

you two may benefit from couples or marriage counseling if he is willing to go.

you can try some over the counter herbals and supplements to see if they help

usually for postmenopausal women who are having hot flash symptoms and menopausal symptoms, Black Cohosh can help some patients.

St. John's wart can help some patients with mild symptoms of depression

you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms and see what prescription medications could help

medications like Effexor or Prozac could potentially help

let me know if you have questions.