OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I got the paraguard in February of this year. I've been

Customer Question
having shooting shocks in my...
I got the paraguard in February of this year. I've been having shooting shocks in my vagina and anus and feet for the last 2 months and I've come on twice. But I'm also experiencing really bad hemmrroids and it's causing my vagina to swell because it's connected to my vagina (the hemmrroids). I don't have any insurance (won't intil
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: for the last 2 weeks. Since the hemrmrroids started No recent injuries
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. Normal Pap tests.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/8/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have any history of constipation?

Blood in stools?Pain while passing stools?

Any history of vaginal discharge?

Itching?Foul odour?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I had my daughter in 2014 that's when I first really had constipation. It cleared up after the meds were out of my system. I have vaginal discharge that has red in it. Normally I just spot with the paraguard but this looks like it's white with red blood
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But no history of anything abnormal.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just feel like my hemmrroid is pulling from my vagina. Like I can feel it and that's how big it is. And I'm wondering if it could be connected to the paraguard and the shocks I've been having in my body
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's pain because of my hemmrroids but not normally. I used to go twice a day but now I'm going days unless I use a laxative.

In my opinion you should be seen by your obs/gyn dotor as you're at slightly higher risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) after your IUD is inserted. PID is an infection of your reproductive organs.

Hemorrhoids usually are caused due to constipation and straining during bowel movements.

Warm sitz bath is helpful with KMNo4 or betadine.

Since you are having constipation chances are hemorrhoids may get worse.

You may try OTC hemorrhoid cream like Preparation-H.

Take laxative or fibre supplement like metamucil.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried the fiber powder and the preparation H. It's actually gotten worse since the prep H. But I've been having issues with the iud since before then. That's why I was wondering if you could tell me if the 2 are connected possibly since the part between my vagina and anus is swelling up which I believe is the reason why my vagina is swelling. I won't have insurance until November so seeing a dr is out of the question for now.

Warm sitz bath can be helpful in your case.

For pain management you may require OTC painkiller like motrin.

Possibility of anal fissure is also present in your case since preparation H cream is not helping and condition is painful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so the anal fissure could also be causing my hemmrroids? I thought I might've had that before the hemmrroids issue started but after the hemmrroids came out I thought maybe it was just internal hemmrroids.

Anal fissures are cracks or tears in the anus and anal canal.

An anal fissure can cause sharp pain and bleeding during and after bowel movements.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know what they are. I just want to be able to help guide the er or whoever I go to since I don't have the money to spend on cost and since reading up on it online a lot of women are having to go back n forth with dr because they can't figure it out. I would have pains in doing # 2 but it was bleeding. I didn't experience the bleeding until the hemmrroids issue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
figure out the shocks in my lower half. I'm scared but I'm more scared of the cost of I go without insurance.

I do think your hemorrhoid issue should be seen by a colo-rectal surgeon in first place.

In the mean time you can try the following.

Warm Sitz Bath with KMNo4 or betadine.

Topical anesthetic creams such as lidocaine hydrochloride (Xylocaine) may be helpful for pain relief.

Laxative to avoid constipation.

Fibre rich diet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!

Thank you.

I wish for your good health.

Also you have not rated so far.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars. Bonus is highly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why was my card charged $36 when it said $5???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A refundable $5 at that! I didn't agree to $32. I need a refund of the $32 plus the $5

I have asked the customer service to do the needful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you tell me why I was charged an additional $32 and when my refund will be credited? And if I need to contact customer service?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I never agreed to $32. I don't have anything left on my card and so as quickly as they took it off I need to have it put back on. It's 10:57 eastern and I take lunch between 12-1pm. My card processes it right away so I need it done before then.
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor