OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am wondering if I had a miscarriage. I think I started my

Customer Question
Hi! I am wondering if...
Hi! I am wondering if I had a miscarriage.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I think I started my period 3 days ago.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor. No meds but yesterday when it might have happened I had taken ibu profen. Not in pain currently. I'm not sure if this period was on time or not but I had unprotected sex 10 days ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a slight indentation in my cervix I'm not sure what its called exactly
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/6/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

you started your bleeding 3 days ago.

when was the last time you had your period?

if your last period was 28-30 days before this period, then most likely this is just a normal period

and you were not pregnant from unprotected sex 10 days ago

and you did not have a miscarriage, just a regular period.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not exactly sure when my last period was but I do think it was less than 28 days

I see.

you could be having more irregular periods.

are you trying to get pregnant?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I am not trying
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was peculiar because I had cramps the day before and yesterday as well as multiple clots which occurred within an hour and a half as well as heavy bleeding

that can all happen during a regular period.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to know for sure?

you can do blood tests now to check for bHCG levels in your body, but I bet it would not show that you were pregnant.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks. If I don't do that could that mean anything negative for childbearing ?

no, nothing negative for childbearing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are bhgc levels?

beta HCG hormone levels is the pregnancy hormone in your body

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks for your help

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor