OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have several large fibroids one is 11.4 cm another is 9.5

Customer Question
cm. 2 more are 3.5cm...
I have several large fibroids one is 11.4 cm another is 9.5 cm. 2 more are 3.5cm each. I also have a complex nabothian cyst that is is about 2.4 cm. My right ovary can't even be seen due to there is a complex septated fluid collection in the right adnexal region measuring 6.3 x 4.0 x 2.1 cm . The left ovary measures 3.7 x 2.2 x 2.3 cm. There are multiple follicles/cysts in the left ovary. With all these issues plus my constant having to use the restroom even waking up every hour to 2 hours at night so I am not sleeping at all. Of course super heavy bleeding. My quality of life is definitely suffering. I have severe pain at times as well. However, due to multiple previous abdominal surgeries my OB consult doesn't want to perform a myomectomy or hysterectomy. They want to do a UAE. After talking to the Interventional Radiologist, I found out this will not really help due to the sheer size of my fibroids it may shrink them up to 50% but that is still very large. Also, the pressure on my bladder will probably remain the same. Will any Dr. be willing to just take them out so I don't have to suffer anymore?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/4/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

yes, you can find a doctor who can take out your uterus.

you may have to travel to a larger academic medical center or university medical center where they have more experienced doctors who can do this surgery for you

you may need a gyn surgeon and general abdominal surgeon to work together to help you remove your large uterus

I agree that hysterectomy is the best way to deal with your large uterus and large and many fibroids

do you have a large academic medical center close to you where you can see a doctor there?

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified