How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2537
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have several large fibroids one is 11.4 cm another is 9.5

Customer Question

I have several large fibroids one is 11.4 cm another is 9.5 cm. 2 more are 3.5cm each. I also have a complex nabothian cyst that is is about 2.4 cm. My right ovary can't even be seen due to there is a complex septated fluid collection in the right adnexal region measuring 6.3 x 4.0 x 2.1 cm . The left ovary measures 3.7 x 2.2 x 2.3 cm. There are multiple follicles/cysts in the left ovary. With all these issues plus my constant having to use the restroom even waking up every hour to 2 hours at night so I am not sleeping at all. Of course super heavy bleeding. My quality of life is definitely suffering. I have severe pain at times as well. However, due to multiple previous abdominal surgeries my OB consult doesn't want to perform a myomectomy or hysterectomy. They want to do a UAE. After talking to the Interventional Radiologist, I found out this will not really help due to the sheer size of my fibroids it may shrink them up to 50% but that is still very large. Also, the pressure on my bladder will probably remain the same. Will any Dr. be willing to just take them out so I don't have to suffer anymore?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, you can find a doctor who can take out your uterus.

you may have to travel to a larger academic medical center or university medical center where they have more experienced doctors who can do this surgery for you

you may need a gyn surgeon and general abdominal surgeon to work together to help you remove your large uterus

I agree that hysterectomy is the best way to deal with your large uterus and large and many fibroids

do you have a large academic medical center close to you where you can see a doctor there?