OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a bad burning sensation around my vagina. Been using

Customer Question
monstat for 3 days. The...
I have a bad burning sensation around my vagina. Been using monstat for 3 days. The cream burns on the outside. It is painful to even wipe after using the restroom. It does not burn to pee.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: 3 to 4 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't have a picture of my private parts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you recommend I continue using the Monstat for a few more days to see if burning and pain subside

It is hard for me to be sure without a picture but yes i would continue to use it

It might be something else though

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What else could it be? I am not sexually active at this time and haven't been for a while.

It could be bacterial vaginosis

This is an alteration of the normal vaginal bacteria

Not an STD

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

could also be just an infection

this does occur

like vaginitis or cellulitis

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor