OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Do abortions cause miscarriages or complications in later

Customer Question
pregnancies?...
Do abortions cause miscarriages or complications in later pregnancies?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
9/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you today.

It all depends on whether you have had a spontaneous abortion, suction (D & C) or chemical abortion. How late into the pregnancy was your abortion? If spontaneous, you may have a more difficult time getting and maintaining future pregnancies. If D & C most likely no problem. If chemical, most likely no problems.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 3-5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im 8 weeks and thinking of terminating pregnancy ive had pregnancies both 10 yrs apart as well as this one now. Ive decided that i want to have an abortion but afraid that at 39 my chances are slim of having another if i decide to end this one through medical

At 39 it may be difficult to get pregnant, but not impossible.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor