How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 9144
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have itching and burning through out my vaginal area

Customer Question

I have itching and burning through out my vaginal area (inside and out). I have used creams and ministat 3. Nothing has worked or changed. Should I go to the ER?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

As such itching and burning in vaginal area can be a sign of vaginitis.

Vaginitis is the inflammation of the vagina.

It can be due to fungal infection or bacterial infection.

As you have already tried anti fungal treatment without results i do think that it may be due to bacterial infection like bacterial vaginosis.

In such cases metronidazole may be helpful.

Also ant histaminic medications may be helpful to control itching like cetirizine.

I do think you need to be seen by a doctor for examination and prescription medications and this should subside within a week.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.