OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow, but I had sex last

Customer Question
Hi! I'll be seeing my...
Hi! I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow, but I had sex last wednesday for the first time and it felt like a really painful stabbing pain and lasted 3 seconds after penetration, and i bled heavily for 15 minutes or so and spotted for a couple of days and now i'm still rather sore. I was wondering if that's normal for a first time or something I should be concerned about and talk with my doctor about?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Last wednesday, nothing's really helped
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None that i'm aware of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
8/28/2016
OB GYN Doctor: TheGermDoctor, Doctor replied 1 year ago
TheGermDoctor

If you have never had sex before it is possible this episode tore the hymen- which can certainly cause pain and bleeding.

I would certainly tell your doctor who will examine you

But if the bleeding is decreasing and pain getting better, that is likely what it was and you will be OK

Good luck and please rate my response

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm just concerned, because the bleeding was excessive in the beginning, really bright red, and used up 5 paper towels. Now i'm still feeling cramped, after 4 days have passed. I don't know if that's normal or if it's something bigger.

As I noted this is likely normal- as long as the bleeding is improving it is reassuring.

Do you have further questions?

If not please rate my response

TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor