OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My mother is 82 y/o, now has a cystocele grade 3 and needs a

Customer Question
My mother is 82...
My mother is 82 y/o, now has a cystocele grade 3 and needs a pessary. Can you give advise/recommendation of which type is good.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She is under the care of my sister in Phils. who is a gynecologist, she is also a diabetic.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My sister is ordering me to buy pessary size medium or large.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is taking hormone cream suppository. She weighs 154lbs. and stands 5'2".
8/28/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

The size of the pessary and the type of pessary most suited for her would depend on examination.

By examining her she would be able to determine the size that would be suited to her.

Here is an article, which contains an image that will guide on how to calculate the pessary size:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/765822_4

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please do submit a rating when you are done.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor