OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Wife was told she has low progesterone. She wasn't given any…

Wife was told she has...
Wife was told she has low progesterone. She wasn't given any meds. Can she take natural progesterone cream? I read somewhere that synthetic progesterone cream wasn't good. Thanks.
8/27/2016
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

She can do this. yes.

However, I would do it under doctor supervision only

progresterone of any type can have side effects including blood clots and stroke

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor