Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

What could little flat bumps on the iside of my vigina be?

Customer Question

What could little flat bumps on the iside of my vigina be? And is this common?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How long have you had the bumps?

How many are there?

How old are you?

Are you sexually active?

When was your last vaginal exam? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For ten years, im 30 years old and my last exam was two months ago, and yes im sexually active. Thay dont hurt there all over almost like bumps under the skin.

It's hard to be very sure without seeing them. Is there any chance that you could take a picture? You can download a picture using the paper clip above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture

Thank you. The bumps in the picture are prominent sebaceous glands. They are the glands that produce oil for our skin. They are very common in the vaginal area. They are completely normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to make them go away?

They are normal and not harmful. A doctor could burn or freeze them to make them go away, but I don't think that would be wise. You could be left with scarring.